Follow Me...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Prayer Request...

To All of Our Family & Friends,

I know that many of you have heard the news, many have been wondering what in the world is going on, and then there are even more that this will be the first they are hearing about this at all. I apologize for "announcing" it in this way. I wish there was a way that I could contact each of you individually and explain the situation and that you didn't have to read it on here. However, God has truly blessed us with so many wonderful friends and family that it would be impossible to reach everyone of you in a timely manner and I don't want anyone left out of the loop.

This is the short version. I will be writing more about my "journey" to this diagnosis in the future as it does reveal God's love and protection even then. But for now, here is the situation.

Yesterday I was diagnosed with what the doctors think is Hodgkin's Lymphoma. This is one of the Lymphoma cancers. I will not know the "official" diagnosis of this until Monday. Yesterday I underwent a CT-scan where they saw something incredibly wrong, they rushed me in for a biopsy which is currently in the very capable hands of the Mayo Clinic, and then I was rushed over to the oncologist. The oncologist said that he does not know what else this could be than Hodgkin's. He seemed like a very wonderful man and I was encouraged by his swift and thorough care.

Although I am praying for a miracle and if God would like to give me one I would gratefully accept, we are preparing our hearts for the diagnosis of cancer. The doctor could not give me a lot of information without all of the reports back of course, but I did point blank ask him if he thought I would be okay. His answer was very encouraging which was the best (and really the only  good) news I had gotten that day so that is what I am clinging to.

This is the very definition of walking by faith and not by sight. I have no idea what is going on in my very own body and to say that I am not scared would be a down right lie. But I know the Lord can heal me if it is His will. I, of course, for my husband and children's sake sure hope and pray that it is.

Jason and I love you all. We appreciate every one of your prayers and offers of support. You won't ever know how much encouragement each and every offer brings to me. For I know, when things get tough, and I know they will, that you will not only be there me but for my husband and my children. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Walking in His loving arms,
Jason & Andrea

P.S. I will be providing frequent updates here on this blog throughout this process. If you "subscribe" upper left side of the screen, you will get email notifications whenever I submit a new post. Sorry again for the impersonal touch this has but it is the only way I know how to keep you all in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment