Follow Me...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Sunday is Coming...

One of the most powerful sermons that I have ever heard was given by our former pastor, Bryan. It was an Easter service and he talked about a message he had heard at one time himself. He gave an account of when Jesus was crucified, but Sunday was coming.  Through all of it, there was hope because Sunday was coming when Jesus would be resurrected. I  remember the power I felt in those words. "Your Sunday is coming."

We have had many challenges in our lives since then and in each of those challenges I have embraced those words over and over again in my mind. "My Sunday is coming." The day where everything will be okay and God's promises will be fulfilled.

When I went through my last chemo treatment I was not surprised that the day that I started to feel better was actually Sunday. So now as I am walking this out I know it in my heart that once again.... my Sunday is coming.

Despite what trials you go through, either now or in the future, your Sunday is coming too.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetly put!!! I have a funny. The other day the boys were here at my house and Cale said "Grandma, I really like how you cook. You just put a bunch of stuff together not like other Grandmas". LOL. I think he was just hungry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    This is my favorite! What a wonderful promise.
    It reminds me of a Rich Mullins song I love: "My Deliverer."
    The lyrics say: "My Deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by...He will never break his promise...it is written across the sky...My deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by...I will never doubt His promise, though I doubt my heart, though I doubt my mind...My Deliverer is coming, my Deliverer is standing by."
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Sarah B

    ReplyDelete