Follow Me...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Accomplishments: {Ready, Set, Swing!}


Do you remember when you learned to swing? I do not remember the exact moment but I do remember the freedom I felt once I did achieve this accomplishment.

I no longer had to rely on the generosity of others to give me a push. I could swing for as long and as high as I wanted to. I remember closing my eyes and pretending I was flying - the cool summer breeze hitting my face as I moved back and forth. I loved to swing.

Ky accomplished the art of swinging solo this past week and as I watched him move back and forth pumping his legs I imagined that he too was feeling some of the same things that I felt when I was his age.

I watched the intensity on his face - intensity mixed with joy and pride. He had done it. He mastered the swing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment