Follow Me...

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 27, 2012

Where My {HEART} Has Been

Does your heart ever just feel heavy?
Mine has lately.
I am sure I am not alone

The Aurora Shooting.
My heart has just been breaking for the 12 that were killed and their families.
I took some time to see their faces, learn their names, hear just a part of their story and what wonderful people they were, and cry tears for them. (I visited {here}.)

Then there are the others who are still recovering from their injuries. One special mama really touched my heart. Her six year old daughter was killed and she is in the hospital fighting for her life. The report I mentioned above said that she was in and out of consciousness and they had not told her yet that her daughter was gone.

I have no words to describe the sadness and pain that is in my heart for her. I just cannot even imagine being in that situation and what the entire family must be going through.
I can only pray.


The Columbine Shooting.
If you live in Colorado like we do, you can't have something happen like the Aurora shooting that doesn't take you back to the tragedy of the Columbine shooting.

Some of you may know that my husband worked for the sheriff's dept. that handled the Columbine shooting. Without going into a lot of detail, I can tell you that my husband's direct involvement in the aftermath of that tragic event is something that he has carried with him for the past 13 years and will carry with him for the rest of his life.

We think of and pray often for the families who were affected by the that event often and always will.


Our Hometown Tragedy
This week also marked the 3 year anniversary of our own hometown tragedy where a local police officer lost his life and two other police officers were injured. 

We have taken time to specifically remember and pray for {all} those who were affected by this tragedy.



My {heart} is heavy for these tragedies.


My {heart} mourns for those who were lost.


My {heart} grieves for those who have to survive those losses.


My {heart} prays.  





No comments:

Post a Comment